2009-06-16

crap that annoys me

I was going to call it a top 10 list of pet peeves, until I realized that there are FAR more than 10 things, and that "pet peeve" probably does not fully capture it. So, here it goes. I will add to this continuously, no doubt, throughout my blogging career, however long that may be.

1. Forwarding spam, chain letters, or fake virus alerts. CHECK THEM ON SNOPES, PEOPLE.

2. Failure to use turn signals--really, is it that difficult??

3. Failure to maintain lane--see above. Failure to maintain lane while talking on a cell phone? Don't even go there.

4. Unneutered animals. I don't have room for your litter of "whoops" puppies, nor do I want to look at your dog's, um, privates.

5. "Modern" rock and "new" country. If you want to listen to country music, please choose something that's not Brooks and Dunn. Might I suggest Johnny Cash? Loretta Lynn? Drive-by-Truckers? Ditto for all you fans of Linkin Park.

6. While we're talking about music, all things Jimmy Buffett need to go away.

7. Bad tattoos. Think them out, people. They aren't going anywhere and they are more expensive to take off then to put on. Do you really need to memorialize your love for Lynard Skynard on your left bicep?

8. Heartfelt confessionals on MySpace/Facebook/name your own social media. I think heartfelt confessionals are awesome, especially when done face-to-face over a nice cup of tea. The western hemisphere does not need to hear about your childhood trauma. You won't hear about mine here.

9. Poor spelling and grammar. Spellcheck- live it, learn it, love it. Students, this means you.


Nine seemed like a good place to stop. Don't want to work myself up in a lather....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

labels

 

prof momma | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates